Laboratory of analysis of the thermal behaviour of products and materials
Research directions and areas of interest
- Developing new procedures for materials and products characterization by methods of thermal analysis (thermogravimetric analysis (TG), differential thermal analysis (DTA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), dilatometry (DIL), dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)),
- Investigating changes in materials or products as a result of their use in various environmental conditions (heat, ionizing radiation, UV radiation, mechanical stress, electrical stress etc.),
- Developing methods for a rapid prediction of the thermal lifetime of materials for electrotechnical use,
- Applying thermal analysis methods for authentication and determination of the degradation level for objects of cultural and historical heritage.
- Thermal characterization of materials and products by thermal analysis (thermogravimetric (TG), differential thermal analysis (DTA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), dilatometry (DIL), dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)),
- Evaluating the quality of materials and products by: determining the thermal and / or thermo-oxidative stability, product quality control, the prediction of the thermal life of the materials,
- Authentication and identification of heritage items made entirely or partly from parchment or tanned leather,
- Determining the efficiency of conservation processes of heritage objects.