Laboratory of sensors, actuators and energy harvesting
Main directions of current and future research
- Fuel gas, toxic, volatile organic compounds sensors;
- The relative air humidity, resistive and polymer type capacitive sensors;
- Piezoelectric sensors for dynamic viscosity measurement in continuous mode;
- Linear and angular position sensors;
- Sensors for detection of heavy metals in wastewater: Cu, Cd, Ni, Hg, Pb;
- Sensors for measuring the resistivity of reinforced concrete structures;
- Sensors with optical fiber.
- Piezoceramic, magnetostrictive, electrostrictive and electromagnetic actuators;
- Unconventional micromotors and microgenerators, built on piezoelectric, magnetostrictive electromagnetic principles and combinations thereof;
- Actuators made with superconducting coils for applications in the field of electrical switching devices.
C. Energy harvesting devices using residual energy sources from the environment
D. Applications of magnetic nanofluids in electrical engineering
- in microactuation, as a cooling agent, as part of the magnetic circuits.
E. Applied Electronics
- Microelectronics for conditioning the electronic signals provided by the sensing elements of sensors;
- Electronics Control (electronic driver) for actuators and micromotors.